Plasmapheresis Therapy in Mexico Clinic
What is Plasmapheresis Therapy (Plasma Exchange)?
Pheresis (also known as apheresis) is what doctors call the process of removing a patient’s blood, filtering it, extracting specific components, and then returning the blood to the body. Such a procedure can separate any of the 4 major components of blood, red cells, white cells, platelets, or plasma.
- What are antibodies?
Antibodies are blood proteins that your body produces to fight against harmful invaders such as a virus, bacteria, and foreign agents.
Think of antibodies as an experienced army of soldiers stationed in your blood plasma, ready to defend you from invading enemies.
- How does plasmapheresis work?
Plasmapheresis, also known as plasma exchange, is a medical procedure that involves the removal, treatment, and reinfusion of a patient’s plasma. Plasma is the liquid component of blood that contains various proteins, antibodies, and other substances. Plasmapheresis is used to treat a variety of conditions, including autoimmune disorders, such as Guillain-Barre syndrome, myasthenia gravis, and lupus, Long COVID syndrome, as well as certain neurological and hematological conditions.
During plasmapheresis, a patient’s blood is withdrawn through a catheter or needle, and the plasma is separated from the other components of the blood using a machine called a plasma separator. The plasma is then treated with various agents, such as replacement fluids, albumin, or immunosuppressive medications, depending on the condition being treated. The treated plasma is then returned to the patient’s bloodstream, while the other blood components, such as red blood cells and platelets, are also re-infused into the patient’s body. Plasmapheresis may be performed in a hospital or outpatient setting, and the number of treatments required depends on the specific condition being treated.
Why Would You Need Plasmapheresis
But if you have an autoimmune disease, antibodies can attack your healthy cells in a desperate and misguided attempt to defend you.
For example, imagine you are suffering from multiple sclerosis. Mistakenly thinking it is associated with the enemy, some of your antibodies launch an attack on the protective covering of your nerves. With the nerve covering now destroyed, your nerves suffer overwhelming sensitivity and either shut down all signals to your muscles or cause you to feel intense pain. The eventuality of this mounted attack results in impaired movement and a life of non-stop pain.
Thanks to plasmapheresis, you can isolate these confused antibodies in the plasma and replace them with a healthier substitute! This blood-purifying procedure relieves your immune system so your healthy agents can focus on repairing the damage and winning the battle against the disease.
Plasma exchange therapy can also assist in combating the effects of:
How is Plasmapheresis Done?
Because we are replacing unhealthy plasma for a healthier substitute, plasmapheresis is also known as plasma exchange therapy. It is very similar to kidney dialysis where harmful toxins are removed from the blood. At Holistic Bio Spa, plasmapheresis forms part of a comprehensive protocol for beating autoimmune diseases.
Frequently Asked Questions About Plasmapheresis
- Can plasmapheresis be used for anti-aging? Yes, plasmapheresis can be used as an anti-aging procedure. Since the accumulation of toxins, pathogenic residue, and cellular debris in the plasma can contribute to accelerated and premature aging, removing these by plasmapheresis therapy will help the body maintain its vigor.
- How many plasma exchange sessions will I need? Typically, you will need more than one session, especially if you are dealing with an autoimmune disease. Your consulting doctor will be able to give you a complete treatment plan. Remember that a single treatment does not do the job. We always recommend this therapy in conjunction with a holistic health protocol of complementary alternative medicine treatments.
- How long does plasmapheresis take? The plasmapheresis procedure typically takes about 2 hours to filter your blood. Similar to kidney dialysis.
- Is plasmapheresis painful? No, plasmapheresis is not a painful procedure since you are only filtering your blood. The only minimally painful part of this procedure would be inserting and removing the needle and catheter.
- What are the side-effects of plasma exchange? You may feel a little tired, but most people can get right back to their day-to-day activities right away. This feeling typically goes away in a couple of hours.
- Does plasmapheresis therapy work for Lyme disease? Yes. Plasmapheresis works for Lyme disease. Thanks to plasmapheresis, you can remove harmful antibodies and reboot your body to help the healthy cells in your body repair and fight Lyme disease. For select Lyme disease patients, we offer a free online consultation with one of our doctors. Send us a message!
- Can plasmapheresis therapy improve Stem Cell Therapy Results? Yes. Because by purifying your blood, plasmapheresis therapy relieves your immune system so that mesenchymal stem cells can focus on repairing and producing new healthy cells faster!
- Does plasmapheresis therapy help with Long COVID symptoms?
Yes. Plasmapheresis is beneficial for patients who contracted COVID-19 or were vaccinated and are experiencing Long COVID symptoms. By means of plasmapheresis, the blood is filtered, and the spike proteins are removed, resulting in reduced inflammation and other chronic Long COVID symptoms. With lower spike proteins roaming in their system, most patients experience a significant reduction in symptoms after the 1st session.
What do patients say about the alternative medicine treatments at Holistic Bio Spa?
I had a bike accident and I had been living my life with enormous pain in my hip. We made the decision ... treatment with stem cells. I didn't really know about it, but Dr. Zoli explained in such a great way. And the therapy ended with such a great, great thing, I just got back my life! I'm not living my life with constant, 24-hour pain in my hip!
Szilveszter- European Stem Cell Therapy Patient at Holistic Bio Spa
Where Do I Get Plasmapheresis Therapy?
- United States
- Central America
- Puerto Vallarta
- Marina Vallarta
- Nuevo Vallarta