If you or someone you know has been bitten by a tick, learn the early signs and symptoms of Lyme disease and get the right treatment as soon as possible!
What is Lyme disease?
The chances of getting Lyme disease from a tick bite depend on the type of tick, your location when you were bitten and how long the tick was attached to you, the CDC says that in most cases, the tick must be attached for 36 to 48 hours or more before the Lyme disease bacterium can be transmitted.
What are the symptoms?
Early symptoms of Lyme disease involve:
- A rash that looks like a bull’s eye ( scientific name: erythema migrans)
- Muscle and joint aches
- Swollen lymph nodes
According to the CDC, symptoms can start between 3 to 30 days after the tick bite (average is about 7 days). The rash expands gradually and can reach up to 12 inches. or in some cases even more. It can also feel warm to the touch but is rarely itchy or painful.
Later signs and symptoms:
- Severe headaches and neck stiffness
- Rashes on other parts of the body
- Arthritis with severe joint pain and swelling, especially in the knees.
- Loss of muscle tone
- Intermittent pain in tendons, muscles, joints, and bones
- Heart palpitations or an irregular heartbeat
- Dizziness or shortness of breath
- Inflammation of the brain and spinal cord
- Shooting pains, numbness, or tingling in the hands or the feet
- Short-term memory problems
Do you have Lyme disease? Call us today and get the best holistic treatment! ? +52 (322) 221 1607 and enjoy a better and more fulfilling life!
Not currently living in Puerto Vallarta? Come and enjoy a holistic healing vacation!
If you are interested in getting treated for Lyme disease with alternative methods, schedule a consultation with our physician Jake Ames, MD, HMD
Schedule my Consultation
See what a 3-week Healing Vacation is all about.
View our medical tourism recommendations for Puerto Vallarta.